Pepper Jelly and Cream Cheese Breakfast Tacos with Walnut Taco "Meat"
Make your walnut taco "meat"
- In a small skillet over medium heat, warm up avocado oil.
- Then add in walnuts, quinoa, chili powder, and salsa.
- Stir to combine, and saute for approximately 5 minutes until walnut pieces are warmed and softened.
Fry your eggs:
Crack eggs into large skillet over medium heat so that they don't touch each other (you might have to cook just 2 at a time). Then, cover the entire skillet with a large glass lid. This helps them cook from the top. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until egg has reached its desired firmness. I like them to be a little drippy, but not too runny.
Assemble your tacos:
- Using a knife, spread a thin layer of cream cheese on each tortilla (approx 1 tbsp each).
- Then, spread a thin layer of pepper jelly on top of that. (approx 1/2 tbsp each).
- Add a couple spoonfuls of the walnut mixture on top of each, spreading it out evenly.
- Then, add the green cabbage on one half of each.
- Then, top with fried egg (or scrambled, if you prefer).
- Garnish with black sesame seeds and thinly sliced watermelon radishes.
Yields 6 Servings